Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy 22Nd Birthday to Me!

Well today was my birthday! I had an overall very relaxing and enjoyable day and I was made to feel very special and very loved by many people. Brooke loves me so much that she woke up at 12:30 this morning just to wish me a happy birthday. What a sweet baby! Lol! She never wakes up at that time, so I'm just assuming that she simply couldn't wait any longer to see me on my birthday.

This was my first birthday as a mom and it's honestly a bit sad to realize that the world doesn't stop for your birthday. As a I kid I was the little princess on my birthday who didn't have to lift a finger and did whatever I wanted to do. Now that I have a baby to care for, it makes me realize how insignificant my birthday is in the scheme of things. Yes, it's special and important, but life still goes on, even though it's your birthday.

The biggest let down was this morning when I looked out the window... There was about 5 inches of snow and our roads weren't even plowed. NO FUN! So, getting to church was rough and there was some confusion as to whether or not there would even be church. Anyways, we ended up having church and my whole family got there safely. All's well that ends well!

I'll admit that I hate having a Sunday birthday because it just makes my birthday different. Not that God isn't the most important thing in my life or anything, it's just that I like to spend my birthdays doing the same things that I do every year on my birthday, and when church is in the morning and early afternoon, it just kind of throws the whole thing out of whack.

After church I went to my parent's house for my birthday lunch. My mom made me ham, homemade macaroni cheese, and lots of good veggies. We had ice cream cake for dessert. You can't beat that!

I was the recipient of lots of nice presents! Ali, Luke, and Nathan gave me Christmas jammies and a beautiful scarf and glove set that goes great with my coat. My brother and his wife gave me Ralph Lauren Romance (it's a perfume) that I've been dying for. It smells so good! My parents got me a shirt and a whole supply of Clinique makeup. I am in LOVE with Clinique but way too cheap to buy it for myself. How thoughtful of my mom to think of this for me! The last time I splurged on Clinique was for my wedding so it's been 2 years since I've gone all out. John and Brooke each got me a card and then John got me a beautiful new comforter set for our bedroom. I've wanted a new one for a while and this one is perfect. It's a silk material and it's a deep red with gold and tan accents. It looks stunning with my cherry furniture. My mother-in-law also made me my favorite cookies (she's made them for my birthday since I was 16!) and homemade Chex Mix. So yummy! See how loved I am?

John took Brooke and me to get our tree after my birthday lunch. It's so pretty. Brooke's enamored by it. Lol! After our tree was up my parents dropped in for Chinese food and then John and I put Brooke to bed and relaxed and watched a Christmas movie together.

John has to go back into work tonight so he's getting some rest now. I think I'm going to empty the dishwasher. Unfortunately work still has to be done... Even if it is your birthday!

No comments: