Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Goose Egg to End the Day...

Today has been a really nice, relaxing day. John woke up around 1 and that was around the time Brooke and I were getting home from church. After we hung out for a while, we went out for some shopping, to see some Christmas lights, and for dinner. I enjoyed my little family so much... As usual!

Quick story: We were at Wal Mart and it was pouring outside so John told me to wait at the front door and he would go run and get the car. So, I'm standing there with Brooke and this old lady shakes her finger at me and YELLS, "You better cover that baby up." I turned around and looked at her and said, "First of all, I'm not an idiot. I know that she needs to be bundled up. And even more important than that, I'm her mother and I will decided when she gets bundled up. I don't need to be told what to do with my own kid." I was LIVID. I despise when people look at me and tell me how to take care of my baby. I may look young... heck, I AM young... But I try to be the best mom in the universe to my baby. I think that many old people look at young mothers and think that we don't have a clue. I snapped at this old lady in particular because I've had several old ladies give me unsolicited advice on how I raise Brooke. WHO DOES THAT???????????

So, anyways, Brooke slept through our ride through the Christmas lights, so we came home and she was completely WIRED. She was so hyper so I figured I would give her and extra hour or so to unwind. Well, she loves to play in her car seat. It's actually hilarious to watch. Tonight she managed to get herself in and then she climbed to the top of it. That's when it all went down hill.. She catapulted herself and landed on the wooden kitchen floor head first:-( I felt so awful that I cried. I saw her fall and I came so close to catching her but I missed. She screamed and screamed and I gave her some Motrin and nursed her. She perked right up so I'm not too concerned about her. She does have a nasty looking goose egg though. Hopefully it goes away by tomorrow but I'm truly doubting that it will.

Well, it's time for movie night with my husband. Yay! I can't wait. I'm not sure if I'll be on the computer in the next few days to come because we'll be busy, busy... So if not, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!! :-)

No comments: