Friday, December 14, 2007

Flying Solo

I am so blessed to have so many people in my life that keep me company. Between my parents, my in-laws, my sister-in-law, my sister, and John, I rarely have to go about my daily activities alone. There is almost always someone who wants to tag along with what I'm doing. However, I didn't have anyone to hang out with today and I must admit, I really enjoyed my day alone with just my Brooke.

First Brooke and I went to the mall to look for some Christmas gifts for John. We found nothing for him but we did buy Brooke a beautiful Christmas dress. Of course I got a bargain! It was originally $40 and I got it for $15!!! I'll post pictures of it when she wears it. She got a little bit fussy after we were there for a bit so we sat on a bench right in front of the decorative Christmas trees and she nursed for a few minutes and then had some Kix for a snack. Right as we sat down this old man started playing Christmas carols on the grand piano and it was so relaxing! So, for about 15 minutes my princess and I relaxed and sang (quietly) to the music. Brooke was dancing and clapping too. How precious!

After the mall we went to my mom's work to take her to lunch. We went to Taco Bell and Brookie had some beans (her favorite). A grandmother who will remain nameless (HAHA) managed to get beans ALL over Brooke so she looked kind of silly when we left. I was mortified because I had to go to Wal Mart after lunch. Hopefully nobody noticed!

So, Wal Mart was a total zoo. It was crazy. First of all, it took me forever to drive there because the traffic was insane. I was about ready to come unglued by the time I got there and of course I had to search forever to find a parking spot. I ended up taking the expectant mother parking spot right by the door. I'm sure some pregnant woman wasn't happy with me but oh well. It was freezing out and I had a small child who I needed to get in the store as quickly as possible. I really didn't feel too bad. Besides, I could be pregnant for all anyone else knows! Brooke was pretty unhappy towards the end of the trip so I ended up pushing a heaping cart filled with $120 worth of groceries while holding a screaming 20 pound baby. She also screamed while I loaded everything into the car. Not too fun! Needless to say, I'm glad that my grocery shopping is done.

Once we got home John was awake. I had such an enjoyable day and I didn't even depend on anyone to entertain me (except for Brooke, of course). Though I'll admit the adult company is nice, it's just great to know that being alone isn't so bad after all!

No comments: